Posts Tagged ‘visit’
If you are planning on traveling to Leeds in the nearby future then there’s a number of interesting things you can do to enjoy yourself. The following things to do in Leeds will entertain families, groups, young couples or individuals.
1. Elland Road – Home of the once mighty Leeds United! OK so you are almost certainly not going to come to Leeds to go to Elland Road unless there was a Football match on, in which case you do not need to read this article. Read on anyhow for several great stuff to see!
2. Kirkstall Abbey – One of the oldest and best preserved cistercian monasteries in the kingdom. Kirkstall Abbey is set in comfortable parkland on the bank of the river Aire. It’s free to enter and gaze around and discover the history of this amazing national treasure. The Kirkstall Abbey museum is across the road and contains Victorian streets with old stores such as Cobblers and Blacksmiths.
3. White Rose Shopping Centre – A beautiful and spacious shopping centre containing everybody’s most liked stores and shops. The White Rose Shopping Centre has a huge food court with many restaurants and places to have a meal.
4. Roundhay Park – Roundhay Park is enormous and has a lake, cycle paths, concert venue and the superb Tropical World where you can see lots of unique animals and plant life! The park is a a small number of miles outside the city centre and away from the hustle and bustle!
5. Victoria Arcade – Leeds has many arcades all emergent from Briggate the major shopping road. Nevertheless the most famed of these arcades is the Victoria Arcade. This is a compilation of streets that has been roofed and contains the pick of Leeds’ exclusive stores and cafes! It’s effortless to rest in Victoria Arcade by its brilliant fountain and of course, Harvey Nichols is attached onto it.
Coming To Leeds? For Cheap Accommodation Visit Cheap Hotel Leeds!
I went with my two kids on a Thursday night about 6 pm by myself. (Needless to say, my hands were full). I found that staff there the most helpful. When you walk into the door, there is someone there to greet you and let you know how this all works (since this was my first visit, I was pretty clueless). She got me a highchair for Will (my one year old), so I didn’t have to hold him while we were standing there trying to figure out what we wanted. The high chair had wheels, so I was able to roll him around quite easily and get him where we needed to go. I was able to take a menu, sit down with the kids, decide what we wanted, and get back into line, so we could order (which is what I did). Ordering was painless. After you order, they give you a number and your drinks, so you can go sit down. They then bring your food to you when it is done. The restaurant is a very open concept. You can see where they make the food. Another thing that impressed me was that the apples and apple juice that I ordered with the kids meals were organic. Also, everything that they serve is free of artificial trans fats and MSG! I personally found the prices quite reasonable. Granted, it would have been cheaper to take the kids to McDonalds, but we would have been hungry an hour later (and this was not all that more expensive either! Maybe a couple of dollars is it!) They have an excellent kids menu too! If you can’t find something for your little one off their kids menu, they are too picky. They even have a dessert menu! Madison (my 4 year old) wanted an ice cream cone, but since she didn’t finish her food, she didn’t get one, so I can’t comment on how good their ice cream is. Our food came quickly and it was good. The sandwiches were much bigger than I expected! There was always somebody walking around cleaning off tables or checking on how you were doing, so you could definitely get help when needed (for example, 2 napkins just doesn’t cut it when you have 3 people and 2 of the 3 are under 5!). I easily was able to get more napkins for us.
The food was great (and healthy!). The service was great! Jason’s Deli also has a blog which makes them stand out even more for me! If you are looking for a great alternative for fast food, you definitely need to check out Jason’s Deli. It is a five star place in my book!