Posts Tagged ‘Pumpkin’
It is becoming harder and harder to find pumpkin patchs in the Chicagoland area who do not charge just to get in. However, First United Methodist Church of Oak Lawn, 100th and Central Ave in Oak Lawn, IL 60453 does not charge admission. It is open every day from October 15-31: 10:00 a.m.-dusk, Sunday: noon-dusk. Pumpkins by size not pound! They have large, small and mini pumpkins, gourds, arts & crafts, hayrides, arts & crafts, food and drinks. Beat those expensive crowded pumpkin farms!
Want to go to a place that both Mom and Dad and the kids have fun? Check out Eckert’s Millstadt Farm. You can view the incredible creations in Uncle Aubrey’s Workshop, squeal with delight at Billy Bob’s pig races, ride the Deere Express through the orchard, plunge into the 70-foot underground slide at Eckert’s Mining Company, or even take a Haunted Hayride! Wagon rides to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch are hit also.
Eckert’s latest attraction is the amazing pumpkin cannon, the Jack-O-Lobber. The Jack-O-Lobber fires a pumpkin a half-mile! Shows are every hour on the hour Friday through Sunday.
If you are craving mouth-watering country food like roasted sweet corn, chicken shish kababs, hot dogs, bratwursts, KettleKorm, homemade ice cream, and funnel cakes be sure to stop by Bob’s N’Cobs Food Stand or the Applewood Smokehouse.
- 9am to 6pm Daily
- Apple Knocker Day – Every Monday This day is for all of the hard “core” apple pickers. There will be FREE admission, but all of the entertainment will be closed.
- Pick-Your-Own Apples Now Open
- Entertainment at Millstadt open everyday except Monday’s
- Regular Admission $7.00/person (2 and up)
- After School Special FREE Admission All Times 3pm – 6pm (Tuesday – Thursday)
- Under 2 – FREE
- Apple Picking Starts: August 27
- Pumpkin Picking Starts: September 27
- Cut Your Own Christmas Tree Starting: November 28
Hope to see you there!
2719 Eckert Orchard Lane
Millstadt, IL 62260