Are you taking a vacation to Sarasota, Florida? This is a fabulous place to bring your family for a little rest and relaxation. Here are ten fun things to do in Sarasota:
1) Play at St. Armand’s Circle – This is a fun destination. Tourists and residents love to visit here to grab a meal with friends or family. You can also shop, be pampered at a spa, enjoy an ice cream or sit at Starbucks at people watch.
2) Walk on the beach – It sounds so cliche but it really is fun. Go to one of the area beaches – Siesta Key, Lido Key, Longboat Key, or Nokomis beach and enjoy a stroll along the beach. The views are breathtaking.
3) Parasail – Do you like heights? I don’t and that is why I have not done this yet. Strap yourself in and get pulled by a boat. You will go a hundred or so feet in the air and get pulled around the Gulf of Mexico.
4) Boating – Go rent a boat for a day and cruise around the Gulf of Mexico or Sarasota bay. Stop at O’Leary’s near downtown Sarasota for a great bite to eat. What a fun day.
5) Hook a fish – There is some great fishing in the Sarasota bay and Gulf of Mexico. In the summertime you can hook into a tarpon. Grab a charter boat and go for a day of fishing.
6) Enjoy a bite to eat – There are plenty of places to put on some weight. Dining in Sarasota is fun and exciting. You can find something inexpensive but good all of the way to fabulously expensive fine dining. Some of the great restaurants in Sarasota include: Da Ru Ma, Bijou Cafe, Pacific Rim, Owens Fish Camp, Cargiulos, Mediterraneos, Patricks and Tommy Bahamas.
7) Van Wezel – Go to a show at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center. Entertainers from all over come to Sarasota to put on a show.
8) Ringling Bridge – Need some exercise? Go for a run over the Ringling Bridge. The views are breathtaking making it a real pleasure to exercise.
9) Biking – Do you like going for a bike ride? Take a long ride down Longboat Key. This an 11 mile long barrier island off the coast. It is great for riding. There are several places where you can rent a bike.
10) Admire real estate – Jump in your rental car and look at some amazing real estate. Drive over to Lido Key, Bird Key, Casey Key, Longboat Key and Siesta Key. Take a spine by some of the finest waterfront mansions in the area.
Sarasota, Florida is a fun place to visit. You might have so much fun here that you decide to just stay forever. As a vacationer you can find as much or as little as you want to do.
Marc Rasmussen sells Sarasota FL Real Estate